Our process for advising you in the sale of your business to an outside third party.
If you were called by a competitor or a banker with an unsolicited offer to buy your business, chances are you are not prepared to handle this opportunity on your own. We literally wrote the book on this: Exit: Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise.
We hear advisors say all the time, “Let me be the quarterback.” We believe you are the quarterback and what you want is a quarterback coach. We sit up in the skybox where we can see the whole field; we’ve scouted the players in mergers & acquisitions, tax, legal, valuation, and banking; we radio plays into your helmet. You are the one at the line of scrimmage reading the defense, with a feel for the game. We come up with lots of creative plays, but ultimately, it is your decision which play to run.
The essential elements of The Quarterback Coach™ process include:
- Set your objectives – the non-negotiables.
- Discuss the issues, problems, and opportunities of the deal.
- Model the after tax proceeds from the offer.
- Make sure the advisor team stays focused on your goals and objectives.
- Provide negotiating ideas, talking points, and role play conversations in advance.
Please fill out the contact form on the right if you’d like to talk about how we can be your trusted advisor during a buyout negotiation.