A review of existing life insurance with recommendations on how to maximize its value to your overall financial plan.
You should have an expert review your life insurance every two to five years. Changes in economic factors, especially interest rates, affect how existing policies perform and how insurance carriers design and price their new products.
Should you keep paying premiums? We can advise you after we discuss two questions:
- Why do you continue to own this policy?
- How does it serve your financial plan?
Here is a secret: The premiums are not the price of the policy. Premiums are a financing arrangement worked out between you and the insurance company.
- Is it funded adequately to last beyond life expectancy?
- If there is a policy loan, should it be repaid?
- Is there flexibility to lower or stop paying premiums?
- Can the death benefit be lowered to make premiums affordable?
- If variable, do the separate accounts need to be re-allocated?
- Is it owned properly? Are the beneficiaries correct?
Please fill out the contact form if you’d like to talk about having us help you manage your existing life insurance portfolio.